Friday, July 6, 2012

Quilts

my Couch quilt





This was the easiest and funnest quilt ever.

Buy 2 Layer cakes (10" pre-cut blocks) this quilt is made with one and a half +/-. I matched the same patterned pieces together. Sew the blocks all the way around, right sides together. You'll be left with a block entirely encircled. Take your straight edge and rotary cutter and cut an X in the block; corner to corner. Your finished product will be 4 matching blocks. I layed mine out to look like this but I'm sure you can find something you'd like even more. I have only made a few quilts in my life and this one was the best of all, more corners matched up and it was fast and rewarding. Good Luck if you try it.

I did something a little different for the back, just to use the last of my favorite blocks.



No comments:

Post a Comment